although leisure activities are analogue they might demand “strategic” use of digital technology
prioritize demanding activity over passive consumption
People have the need to put their hands on tools and to make things. We need this in order to feel whole.
- use skills to produce valuable things in the physical world!
- seek activities that require real world structured social interactions
How to reclaim leisure
- Fix or build something every week
- Schedule low-quality leisure
- for checking messages
- for looking up on social media
- Join something
- sport club
- any other activity that has a community