- through breathe exercises you can control the ratio of Carbon Dioxide and oxygen in your blood
- breathing reflex is correlated to the amount of CO2 in your blood
- while exhaling more C02 breathe retention time increases
- causes ph level to increase because CO2 is an acid and once exhaled, it brings body to a temporary alkaline level
- Boost immune function,
- Lessen inflammation,
- Get deeper, more restful sleep,
- Have more energy during the day,
- Experience relief from symptoms of autoimmune disorders, arthritis, fibromyalgia and migraine,
- Manage airway disorders like asthma and COPD,
- Control blood pressure,
- Alleviate symptoms of chronic illness such as
- post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome and MS,
- Boost your metabolism,
- Enhance sports performance and recovery,
- And improve your tolerance to cold."
- Reduce and regulate stress levels by learning to control the autonomic nervous system,
- Prevent or recover from burnout,
- Relieve depression,
- Increase concentration and willpower,
- Enhance the mind/body connection,
- And feel happier and more creative"
The Wim Hof Method - Note 1
A cold shower a day keeps the doctor away.
The Wim Hof Method - Note 2
So I asked myself: What did you do on Mount Everest? What did you do in the icy waters beyond the Polar Circle? What did you do always in the cold? You trusted yourself. You believed in your heart that you could do it, and with that state of mind, you went into those challenges with confidence and succeeded. Why shouldn’t I be able to do that today?
The Wim Hof Method - Note 3
Cold is merciless, but it is absolutely righteous.
The Wim Hof Method - Note 4
People come to me with questions like, “Should I breathe through the nose?” or “The Diaphragm this or that”, and I just say, “Yeah, breathe, motherfuckers! Don’t think, just do it! Get into the depth of your own lungs!”
The Wim Hof Method - Note 5
Yoga means connection; it comes from the verb yug, and yug is “to connect”. This is what the author of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali write 16 hundred years ago or so, more or less. It still holds. “Yoga is silencing the modifications of the mind, then the seer dwells in his own nature”.
The Wim Hof Method - Note 6
People get hung up on getting the breathing right. They think it is too simple to work. They ask me, “How do you do it, Wim? Is it with the nose, or the mouth? Do i fill the belly, the Diaphragm? Or do you have to close one nostril and then the other? Do I fill the lungs all the way, or not too much, or … " And I say: “It doesn’t matter what kind of hole you use here, just get it in”.